Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quite possible my favorite overnight lake to date.  at 1.5-2 miles in with 3-400 ft in elevation climb makes for a nice and easy approach with a float tube and a loaded pack.

For the past couple years I have fished this lake, i have found the Cutties here to be very eager to rise on a glassy, wind chopped, or textured surface.  I have missed so many takes here just dragging my dry fly while kicking around.  And on top of all of this there are fish in there which haunt me just as the Phantom Brown did the year before.

Earlier this year i met the lurkers of this like which decided to follow my 1/8 oz Kastmaster into shore.  Bursts of crimson red footballs swarmed my lure.... no strikes.  I now knew the potential this lake could hold.

Eager to get my hands on one of those chunkers, I ventured back in September to achieve my goal.  Sure enough the footballs cooperated as my friend and I each caught and released 12x 14-17" Lahotan Cutthroat Trout.


No comments:

Post a Comment